Experienced Software Engineer for 3D printing of large scale metal parts
(EU residents or EU working permit holders only)
Our mission at RAMLAB is to create a world where large metal parts are manufactured on demand using Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing (WAAM). We are developing cutting edge technology including hardware and software to achieve this mission. Our work sets new standards and records both in the academic as well as in the industrial world.
Team and role overview:
RAMLAB is looking for a talented software engineer to join our growing software development team composed of software, automation and computer vision engineers who work closely with our material scientist/welding engineers. This position will help build high quality, scalable software that is at the core of our autonomous Wire Arc Additive Manufacturing (WAAM) based 3D printing cells, employing welding robots equipped with various sensors.
The mission/outcomes and objectives:
Our mission is to manufacture and repair metal parts on demand, in a highly automated manner. This means that you will be building proprietary, innovative and maintainable software that runs in real-time, and stores and analyzes live streaming data from multiple sensors in order to keep the printing process running 24/7 through smart monitoring and control. You will be involved in many exciting research topics and engineering developments!
You have ideally built data acquisition, monitoring and control systems that are robust and maintainable.
At RAMLAB, you will contribute to building out and maintaining software that is critical to our autonomous 3D printing process. This role requires that you are able to follow agile development practices and understand how to implement quality software that is continuously integrated and deployable to our production cells. You are excited to solve complex problems to which you can offer elegant solutions.
Minimum required skills and competences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or other related field, and experience in software development through work, engineering projects and/or hobbies
- Experienced in designing and building (real-time) control systems
- Affinity with hardware/industrial robots and a strong drive to ‘make stuff work’
- Experience in C++, Python and object oriented programming
- Experience with data visualization and building user interfaces
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Agile Development
- Excellent English communication skills
Preferred skills and competences
- Master degree in Computer Science, or other related field
- Experience with multiple object oriented programming languages and scripting languages
- Experience with big data technologies
- Experience with data distribution systems
- Experience with database technologies, including administration/configuration
- Experience with industrial robots
What we offer:
We are building an international ambitious team, at an inspiring location. We offer a good salary and flexible working hours.
Do you recognize yourself in this job description? Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Vacancy Software Engineer’.